Am I eligible for the NDIS?
There are a number of factors which determine whether you are eligible for support under the NDIS when it rolls out in your area.
You may be eligible to receive an individual support plan if:
- you are under 65 years of age
- you are an Australia citizen, a permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen who is a Protected Special Category Visa holder
- you have a permanent or significant disability that requires help from others to do things, equipment or assistive technology.
Or you need to meet the early intervention requirements:
- your child is aged under 6 and has a developmental delay and
- you or your child have a disability that is likely to be permanent or early supports would reduce how much help you or your child need to do things in the future.
For further information on eligibility, please visit the NDIS access checklist: www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist
If you currently receive disability services you will be contacted by the National Disability Insurance Agency before your area transitions.
If you are not currently receiving disability services you may still be eligible for the NDIS. You will need to contact the NDIS directly to complete an access request form. You do not need a referral. Visit www.ndis.gov.au or call 1800 800 110.