NDIS Information Kiosks
Want more information about the NDIS? Would you like to talk to someone about what the NDIS will mean for you?
Throughout February, we'll have information kiosks in handy location throughout the Ipswich region, designed to:
- Answer your NDIS questions one-on-one, and help cut through any confusion
- Let you know about services in work, learning and relationships that are available to you under the NDIS
- Provide you with information that you can take away about how the NDIS will affect you.
Dates and locations are below, and we will be updating with new dates and venues regularly.
Thursday 9 February, Friday 10 February and Saturday 11 February 2017
Ipswich Riverlink Shopping Centre, Corner Down Street & The Terrace, North Ipswich (outside Kmart) - see map.
- Thurs - 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Fri - 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Sat - 9:00am to 5:00pm
NDIS Information Forums
Endeavour Foundation regularly hosts free NDIS Information Forums designed to take away some of the confusion and in preparation for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Over 1,600 people have attended Endeavour Foundation's NDIS Information Forums across Australia since they started in 2014. These sessions are designed to provide clarity, knowledge and confidence about the NDIS.
Our NDIS information forums typically include:
- An overview of the NDIS: what it is, why it has been implemented and what it means for you and your family
- A step by step guide about what to expect in the planning process- what happens, how to prepare, questions to ask, what you will be asked - from experts who have helped hundreds of families through the process
- The opportunity to ask any questions relevant to you or your circumstances during a Q&A session
- A pre-planning work shop using the Mapping My World booklet designed to prepare you for your NDIS planning meeting. In small groups, a local Endeavour Foundation staff member will step you through the pre-planning booklet and answer any questions you may have
- Free resources and an information pack to take away with you, plus a contact sheet for local staff who can answer any further questions you may have after the forum.
The forums are:
- About 2.5 - 3 hours long and you will connect with local staff who can continue to support you, if you wish.
- Free of charge
- Held in NDIS trial sites before they are rolled out
- Open to anyone who would like to attend - you don't have to an Endeavour Foundation customer.
Next scheduled forums:
Ipswich Country Motel, 250 Station Road, Raceview (map)
- Wednesday 22 February 10.30am - 1pm
- Wednesday 22 February 6pm - 8.30pm
- Thursday 23 February 10.30am - 1pm
- Thursday 23 February 6pm - 8.30pm
Find out more
Articles and information on
the NDIS and disabilities
Go to locator
Find a Disability Service in your area
with our handy locator