Good relationships with friends, family and other important people to us enhance our lives. They can bring a sense of joy, belonging and provide us with a support network to help us navigate life’s ups and downs.
Sometimes spending time together can be as simple as a friend popping in for a coffee and a chat, a phone call, or going out for dinner with your family.
Some of the ways we can support you in your relationships are:
- Communication skills – effective communication is important to feeling heard and assistive technology can be useful
- Behavioural support – managing difficult emotions and behaviours to enhance your relationships with others
- Assistance with transport, eating, communicating
- Support groups for you and your loved ones
- Personal presentation
- Intimacy and sexual education
Find out more
Articles and information on
the NDIS and disabilities
Go to locator
Find a Disability Service in your area
with our handy locator