NDIS in QLD
- On 25 September 2015, the Commonwealth and Queensland Governments announced an early transition to the NDIS in Townsville, Ayr, Ingham, Charters Towers and Palm Island.
- The early transition sites in Townsville, Ayr, Ingham, and Charters Towers will deliver supports and services to children and young people up to the age of 18.
- The Palm Island early transition site will deliver supports and services to all eligible people up to the age of 65.
- NDIS early funding supports for people with a disability are available in the above locations from 1 April 2016.
- Full roll-out of the NDIS will occur in Queensland from 1 July 2016 - as per the timelines below - and by July 2019, all eligible Queenslanders will be covered by the scheme.
For more information about NDIS events in Queensland, visit our Information Forums page or the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services calendar of events here.
To find out more:
Email us: here
Call us on: 1800 112 112
Visit the NDIS website: www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/our-sites/qld